Our desire is to bring glory to God in everything we say, think, and do- including our appearance! We have set a dress code with a goal that our appearance will not be a distraction to others during our class time at Excelsior.
- Shorts may be worn if the are past the tips of the fingers.
- Clothing that does not fit properly is prohibited (too tight or too loose.) Pants may not be too large that they drag on the floor. They must be pulled up properly so that no underwear is visible.
- No tank tops, shirts with spaghetti straps, or halter tops allowed. ABSOLUTELY no shirts will be allowed that show cleavage and/or midriff.
- No clothing that represents offensive lifestyle or messages is allowed.
- No hats are to be worn during class.
- No pocket-knives, weapons, etc. are allowed on the campus of Excelsior.
EXCELSIOR WILL NOTIFY THE PARENT OF ANY STUDENT WHO IS INAPPROPRIATELY DRESSED. ALL TEACHERS KNOW AND WILL BE ADHERING TO THIS POLICY. PARENTS MAY THEN BRING APPROPRIATE CLOTHING OR DIRECT THE STUDENT, IF THEY ARE DRIVING, TO RETURN HOME…OR, IF NEITHER OF THESE ARE POSSIBLE, THEY WILL BE GIVEN A CHOIR ROBE THAT THEY WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR THE REST OF THE DAY UNTIL PICKED UP/DRIVING HOME.