Academy: K4-3rd Grade
Core classes meet on Tuesdays from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Our K4-3rd Grade are self-contained, but they will leave to go to special areas like Music & Drama. Please see the Class Schedule page for more details.
Core Classes (K4-3rd Grade)
Optional Thursday Program (K4-3rd Grade)
*Please note that you would need to add math at home.
– Karate for Kids by Master Blane (4 – 7 year old – registration & tuition directly paid to teacher)
– Orchestra with Michelle Hull (all ages – registration & tuition directly paid to teacher)
Academy: 4th-8th Grade
Core classes meet on Tuesdays from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Also, there are two tracks for the 9 – 12 year old Academy students; an Academic Track or a Fine Arts track. The Academic track consists of Writing Enrichment (compliments literature class) and Geography (compliments History). The Fine Arts track consists of Music and Drama. Parents select which track they prefer for their students on the registration form. Please note that Elective classes are optional and are charged separately.
Core Classes (4th-7th Grade)
– Latin Greek Roots
– Geography and Writing Enrichment (Academic track)
– Music and Drama (Fine Arts track)
Optional Thursday Program (4th-7th Grade)
Core Classes (8th Grade)
We offer an accelerated curriculum for 8th graders to be better prepared to start high school classes the following year. Advanced 7th graders will be allowed to register for this curriculum if parents would like their student challenged with a more rigorous work load.
– History, and Current Events
– Literature, SAT Prep
Optional Thursday Program (8th Grade)
Optional Electives (4th-8th Grade)
– Advanced Drama
– Karate for Kids by Master Blane (8 – 13 year old – registration & tuition directly paid to teacher)
– Orchestra with Michelle Hull (all ages – registration & tuition directly paid to teacher)Saxon Math 8/7
– Saxon Algebra 1/2
High School Courses
High School 1 day per week classes meet on Tuesdays, with the exception of the University Model which meets on Tuesday and Thursdays. Please note that all high school courses have an optional honors component that must be declared at the beginning of the school year. All high school syllabi will be approved by SCAIHS to meet their College Preparatory Track 1. This means that parents will not need to add any extra content to these classes. However, a student may elect to take a course at an Honors Level. This would include extra work to meet Honors Level standards as determined either by SCAIHS or your third option group. Students taking a course at the Honors Level must declare with Excelsior at the beginning of the term because all assignments will be graded at a higher level. There is an Honor’s Society not affiliated with Excelsior that students may join. For more information about qualification, please email EtaOmicronNHSHS@gmail.com.
Excelsior desires to prepare our students for college and future endeavors through academic achievement and personal growth. As a result, we expect students to attend all classes. No more than one unexcused absence will be allowed without a parent’s note. Also, students are expected to turn in all assignments on time. All assignments turned in late will receive a deduction in points for each day the assignment is late. Grace for special circumstances will be granted at the teacher’s discretion, only after discussing with the parent. Books for classes are expected to be purchased ahead of time so the student’s progress is not impeded.
– Advanced Drama (1 day / week)
– World Literature – ( 1 day / week)
– Spanish 1 ( 1 day / week)
– Spanish 2 (1 day / week)
– Spanish 3 (1 day / week)
– World History (1 day / week)
– Advanced Math – Saxon (1 day / week)
– Algebra 1 (1 day / week)
– Algebra 2 (1 day / week)
– Geometry (1 day / week)
– Biology 1 (1 day / week)
– Biology 2 (1 day / week)
– Chemistry (1 day / week)
– Literature, History, and Elective: 9th & 10th Grade (2 days/week)
– Literature, History, and Elective: 11th & 12th Grade (2 days/week)